14 October 2012

Quilt for Centaur Community 20 Years

When I was asked to sew a memory quilt for the 20 year celebration of the Centaur Retirement Community, I didn't know what to expect but I soon found the project rather exciting.  Creating a design to best tell a story with the variety of shapes and sizes of the old photographs and newspaper clippings was quite challenging.  I found designing the quilt to look balanced, with all those shapes that had different stories to tell over the years, took days of day-dreaming and planning.  Needing to use the colours of the RSL Care logo added another challenge but they did help to give the layout a clear definition between commemorative, memorial, publicity and happy snaps. Altogether, I'm pleased with the result and I hope the residents of the Centaur Retirement Community are also.

1 comment:

  1. Eileen, you've done a great job with the Centaur quilt. Getting photos to come out well when printed on fabric isn't easy and neither is sewing them in to blocks. You've gotten a good balance with all of the photos, clippings, logos etc that you have had to include in the quilt, so you be very proud of your work.

    ReplyDelete