05 September 2010

The Pebble Tree

When I acquired a packet of natural silk waste
I thought "What will I do with that!"
But it turned out to be quite interesting how the
silk glued together when it was ironed. It needed
 to be between two pieces of baking paper because the heat makes it sticky.
The background and tree trunk are of the silk fibres and needed to be attached to the backing fabric as the silk only sticks to itself. The embellishments of threads and wooden beads is what is holding it to the backing fabric.

                                                                
The reason for the name "The Pebble Tree"

1 comment:

  1. Did I see this piece at the Caloundra Arts and Craft day a few months ago and have a chat to you about how it was done???
    I loved it.
    Delia

    ReplyDelete